Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'm having one of those days...weeks....months....lives!

I am not feeling like myself lately - I am pale when I want to be tan, I cut all my hair off and I hate it, I colored my hair dark which makes me feel even more pale, I hate my weight and am not close to where I want to be, and I am having one of those blah weeks where I feel like a big blob of blobbiness....if that's not a word, it is now. 

Why is it when I am super blessed with so many things that I feel this way?  As a wife and mother I find myself sacrificing so many things for the happiness of my husband and children.  I mean, I can't remember the last time that someone made me breakfast or that I even had a pizza with the toppings I like!  In addition to that I work full-time and am helping others all day long - I walked into the office the other day only to hear "Angela, when you get a chance I need your help", "Angela, when you have a chance I need to see you", "Angela, I need you to update this document for my meeting in 5 minutes"......I hadn't even taken my coat off!  That is my life and I think after awhile I get lost in all of it and lose my true sense of self.  When I finally take the time to look I am not happy with who I am. 

As wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, etc. we cannot forget to take care of ourselves.  I know what I need to do to make myself feel better - continue working out with my friend in the morning, eat well, my hair will grow, a little sunshine (and tan towels) will help give me a little color, and when we order pizza I am going to fight for the canadian bacon, green pepper, and mushroom toppings that I like......I don't like sausage and onion.  And when I walk into work I will take my coat off, sit at my desk and get ready for my day, and everyone else's "emergencies" will have to wait a second because in order to be the best person I can be I need to take a moment to myself.

No comments: